BLACK BEAN & MANGO SALSA LETTUCE TACOS (serves 4)
1 cup black beans
8 cups filtered water
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/3 cup alfalfa sprouts
8 lettuce leaves
2 tsp whole cumin seeds
1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp green chile, finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp line juice
1 Tbsp chopped parsley or cilantro
1. Rinse the black beans and soak them overnights in 4 cups cold filter water
2. Drain the soaked black beans. Put them along with 8 cups of water in a stock pot.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the ginger and curry.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa. Roast cumin seeds in a small sauté pan over low heat until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir together with remaining salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
5. Place lettuce leaves on serving plates. On top of each lettuce, place alfalfa sprouts, beans and salsa on top. ENJOY!
This was my yummy lunch from yesterday which was DAY 2 of my 21-day Happy Healthy Cleanse. It’s pretty amazing how creative one can get with veggies and fruits during this cleanse. My green juice lets my creative juices flowing ;)